|Posted by Carl on March 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM|
Pitcairn Historical Society
Minutes of the Meeting
March 5, 2012
Attendance: Carl Howard and Betty, Kurt Seibel and Shannon Seibel, Eric Wallhausen and Sharon, Don Coulter, Jim Rullo, Harry Fails, and Rennie Whitehead.
1. The reading of the minutes from February. Minutes approved as read, Jim Rullo motioned and Eric seconded.
2. With regard to the sections/divisions to display by category, designs were discussed for the divisions to be delineated. A motion was put forward by Carl Howard that we build two walls to set up one section of display, Shannon seconded the motion carried unanimously.
shelves were installed under windows
3. Eric motioned that we begin by completing one section, railroad was decided, Jim Rullo seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Founder’s Day: The cost of $25.00 and application will be sent to Jim Rullo, Founder’s Day committee.
A. We will sell our DVD’s, Family Albums, Water (Eric will call Wilkinsburg Water Authority
B. We will set up a display of History items.
C. We will put an article in the Pitcairn Patter to say we will have DVD’s etc. at the Founder’s Day
5. The bulletin display on the wall at the Pitcairn Park Building Theme of Baseball will be postponed at this time and Parks and Rec. will put in a display which will include a flyer for our group.
1. Dusk to Dawn light suggested. The construction committee will look into it.
2. Shannon and Kurt are seeking to locate the Tillbrook house on Johnson’s Road. Shannon reported finding what appeared to be a foundation.
3. Shannon inquired about the sockets in the wall above the conference area. Rennie said it was powered at one time.
4. Went over the information provided by Jane Porter Thomas that corresponds to the DVD. Discussed getting a copy of the directory from the Pitcairn Alumni Association.
Meeting Adjourned 8:40 PM