|Posted by Carl on April 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM|
Pitcairn Historical Society
Minutes of the Meeting
April 2, 2012
Attendance: Carl Howard and Betty, Kurt Seibel and Shannon Seibel, Eric Wallhausen and Sharon, Jim Rullo and Louis Chandler.
1. The reading of the minutes from March. Recommended changes made to minutes to clarify the categories for our display and the floor layout.
2. With regard to the sections/divisions to display, Eric will build the two walls as discussed and designed by Remodeling committee.
IN lieu of a meeting of the work committee, during this season where our committee members are back to seasonal work, call Carl as available and come to complete shelves, walls, pew, and Marquee. Shannon suggested we get the florescent energy “corkscrew lights” to brighten the platform area. Eric will purchase the light bulbs needed to replace the burned out lights also.
3. Founder’s Day: Next Meeting April 11, 2012. At that time we will know the schedule and can decide who will man our table throughout the day.
4. Kurt Seibel motioned to accept the Old Business and Shannon seconded. All in Favor.
1. The Museum will be open on July 28, 2012 in conjunction with the Alumni Picnic in town from 12 – 2 PM. The Pitcairn Archives will also be open. Carl will send a notice to the Alumni and it was printed in the Alumni Newsletter.
2. With regard to the fundraiser for the fall, the group agrees to postpone at this time until the upgrades are determined as well as the cost of lighting is assessed.
3. The condition of the interviews is not up to par. Kurt and Eric discussed the quality of the video and particularly the sound is inferior. Eric will bring a budget of items that the group is likely to spend in the next year.
4. Sharon asked about the files that Don Waite had on Pitcairn History. Carl will ask Cheryl Arendes, a relative.
5. Sharon gave the Club photo copies of the Men and Women Boosters for 1944, photos and names.
6. Africa Family History and photos were donated to the PHS and will be put on file in the Pamphlet file.
Shannon motioned to Adjourn, Carl seconded. Meeting Adjourned 8:10 PM