|Posted by Carl on May 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM|
Pitcairn Historical Society
Minutes of the Meeting
May 7, 2012
Attendance: Carl Howard and Betty, Don Coulter Eric Wallhausen and Sharon, Rennie Whitehead, and Louis Chandler
Minutes read by Eric Wallhausen Louis moved they be accepted as read, seconded Betty Lou, carried.
1. With regard to the displays, labels for the stations are made, laminated and Louis will place them in each section.
2. Founder’s Day: June 9, 2012: At that time we will know the schedule and can decide who will man our table throughout the day. Eric, Sharon, Don Coulter, Louis plan to come.
a. Carl worked out the details for the photo frame for our table and wrote them in the instruction book in the case to take to the event. We have a meeting before the event and can gather the pictures, display for the day.
b. DVD’s sold, our Book, photo frame. Eric mentioned having people search our website. Louis said we should make a banner to advertise it at least. Sharon said she would bring laptop and broadband if permission granted.
c. Carl said that anyone who buys a DVD or our book can have a copy of the 75th Anniversary book. He mentioned that in 9 years it will be the 125th.
3. The Museum will be open on July 28, 2012 in conjunction with the Alumni Picnic in town from 12 – 2 PM. The Pitcairn Archives will also be open. Carl will send a notice to the Alumni and it was printed in the Alumni Newsletter.
1. Carl received a call from Tennessee regarding the Rupp family. She was doing research.
2. Rennie asked about making postcards to sell to raise money for PHS. Carl has a contact that will do that for us. Sharon said perhaps greeting cards.
3. A contact regarding the Schwartz Family. He asked if there was a borough directory and where was Ward One? Eric said this would be in the Borough records. Rennie thought it was North Pitcairn.
Sharon motioned to adjourn the meeting, Betty Lou seconded at 7:50 PM.