|Posted by Carl on June 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM|
Pitcairn Historical Society
Minutes of the Meeting
June 4, 2012
Attendance: Carl Howard and Betty, Don Coulter Eric Wallhausen, and Sharon, and Rennie Whitehead
Minutes read by Sharon, some corrections made.
1. Founder’s Day: June 9, 2012:
a. Carl got $30.00 for change for our sales.
b. Electric will be available-DVD’s sold, our Book, photo frame. Carl said that anyone who buys a DVD or our book can have a copy of the 75th Anniversary book and a Christmas bulb. Eric is picking up the water on Friday.
2. The Museum will be open on July 28, 2012 in conjunction with the Alumni Picnic in town from 12 – 2 PM. The Pitcairn Archives will also be open
3. Still have storage cabinets and a podium at the borough building to bring to the PHS Museum.
4. Carl went to the Westinghouse Museum to pick up some of the items from our display. Carl needs some picture display items- petty cash. Eric suggested Harbor Freight. A request was made to change the display. This started a conversation about a need to compile the story. Don Coulter will use some of his presentation and begin to tell the story. The group talked about a man in North Pitcairn with a RR Flag on his house. He should be approached for information.
1. Carl received a call from a Kifer family member regarding genealogical research. Also a William Marshall doing research on the Marshall store located on Center Avenue. A DVD and book were purchased. Another contact through the website resulted in a conversation about the family sending PHS copies of photos.
2. Regarding the Schwartz Family, Rennie suggested that the family contact the Election Board and ask Rollo Vecchio if he recalls the Wards. Carl contacted the borough who said the records no longer exist.
Betty motioned to adjourn the meeting, Sharon seconded at 7:50 PM.