Pitcairn Historical Society
Sharing the history of Pitcairn, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.


Feb. 11, 2013 Minutes

Posted by Carl on February 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Pitcairn Historical Society

February 11, 2013

Due to weather, PHS was postponed until the second Monday. Eric Wallhausen, Kurt Seibel, and Carl Howard, begin work on the display on Feb. 4, 2013

In attendance: Don Coulter, Jim Rullo, Carl Howard, Eric and Sharon Wallhausen, Louis Chandler

Old Business:

1. Fundraisers:

A. Photo cards for gift cards or postcards

1. Minute Man Press-500 sheets w/envelopes $173.20 plus $15 per photo

2. Kinko-100 sheets makes 200 cards no envelopes $12.83 plus graphics fee

3. Office Depot-500 sheets no envelopes $48.90 plus $5.00 fee per photo

B. Keystone Specialty Catalog- list of items to sell that require an investment of money be committed.

Eric made a motion that we move forward to sell gift cards with a program around $50.00, Kurt Seibel seconded and all in favor. To be considered; we need to select pictures, purchase envelopes, package cards, select a sales price.

2. Old computer w/ monitor at the borough building was taken by Carl Howard to his son Bruce. He got an old keyboard to match. The information contained was accessed and printed. The numeric system matches the papers stuck to items at the museum. Many of the stickers have long since fallen off due to the heat at the borough building storage room. As well, the books that Sharon used to continue to system, which were left at the Borough Building, have long since been lost. The computer was donated to Forbes Trail Computer to a teacher wanting to use it for training purposes.

New Business:

1. Mock up display area reviewed by all attending members. Supplies purchased, receipt turned in to Carl Howard for reimbursement to Eric Wallhausen.

Kurt Seibel motioned purchase of all materials to complete 3 standing “T” standings and 1 free standing walls. Jim Rullo seconded and unanimously passed. Total cost shall not exceed $600.00.


2. New Member contact list passed out to each attending member.

3. Community Days: Jim Rullo asked the group if he may attend the Borough Building representing the Historical Society to discuss ability to sell items at our booth at the Community Day event. The group unanimously and strongly supports his statement regarding the ability of community groups such as PHS be able to take advantage of the exposure to raise the needed funds to remain viable community service providers.

4. Our schedule for Opening to the community was discussed. Louis Chandler suggested that some people who would visit the museum are not able during our current hours. He suggested Summer hours on Sundays. The group discussed a test of one Sunday per month, and decided upon June and July every Sunday as a test to see if more people took advantage of the increased access. Louis suggested a kick-off to the newly remodeled museum. Carl Howard will bring a sign-up list in March to assign all Sundays. Sharon suggested a campaign of Public awareness with the Patter and the Tattler be sent as soon as possible.

5. In Monroeville Magazine- Carl was interviewed for an article on the Museum.

6. Auction Request from Pitcairn Woman’s Club requesting a DVD, Christmas Ball, or other. Carl motioned and Sharon seconded a contribution of a DVD and Ball with all in favor.

7. Painting donated by Felton family members, subject: McGinness Presbyterian Church by Dean Felton. Laura Felton Estate, given upon her request.

8. Sharon had several DVD’s made from old video tapes and provided a copy to the group, Egan 50th, Community Days, and other. The issues of the sound difficulties were discussed. Carl took to see if Bruce could extract any better sound or if it was the camera.

Kurt Seibel will investigate better video camera equipment

Carl will seek a donation of camera equipment.

9. Clip board for signing out items from the Museum by the members is located at the front desk. Carl Howard stated that members must sign items out.

10. Locking the double doors to the museum entrance was suggested by Carl Howard since the Meals on Wheels program is located downstairs and our museum in not attended. A key would be given to Meals on Wheels for access. Eric motioned and Kurt seconded that we remove the lock from our closet at the Borough Building and move it to the Museum.



The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM.




Categories: None

Post a Comment


Oops, you forgot something.


The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

Already a member? Sign In